Monday, July 30, 2018

Rainy Day


Another Rainy Day.  Another rainy week is expected.  I thought I would share activities and a song for another rainy day.

My rainy day suggestions...

Make a blanket tent! When my daughter was young one of her favorite things to do was to create a blanket tent.  We would use a sheet, and pillows to create the perfect spot for reading.

Have any old magazines or newspapers around the house?  Create an "I spy" page with your child.  Encourage your child to find and cut out at least 8 pictures or words from old magazines or newspapers.  Paste the 8 pictures or words on a piece of paper.  Write a sentence at the bottom of the page with the items or words you want to spy.  Complete the page using additional pictures from the magazine to cover the empty spaces.

Get in the kitchen with your child!  Another favorite pastime in our house is to bake together.  We've been known to make gingerbread cookies in July!  Baking is a fun, educational (think measurement), lifelong skill with a tasty outcome.  Who knows...maybe you'll inspire a budding chef!

Move the coffee table to create a dance floor!  Put on your favorite music and have a dance party with your child.  Dancing is a great form of exercise-especially on days when we are stuck inside. Here's that song I found that is perfect for rainy day dancing!




Put on your rain boots and go outside to jump in the puddles!  On the hot humid days, jumping and splashing in the rain is a fun way to spend the afternoon.               

Try one or two of these rainy day activities this week and share your favorite rainy day fun with me!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I loved the song! It was perfect for a rainy fun filled day! I'm excited to one day try some of these activities with my little one! As a kid, on rainy days we played a lot of board games

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyssa! We use to sit on our covered porch and read during rainy days and we loved to go play in the rain!

      Delete
  2. These are great ideas! I love to bake with my kids. From this English and history teacher, I think cooking is the only fun way to do math!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana! As a family we enjoy cooking and baking (we are foodies)!

      Delete
  3. I love the rain! It's a great opportunity to read books, start a fire, and drink cocoa! My very favorite is to be in a location with very large picture windows and a view. On the Colorado River, in Laughlin, Nevada, there is a buffet, not an especially good one, with floor to ceiling windows looking out on the river. I was there during a storm once, and it was so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your rainy day plans! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete