Thursday, July 5, 2018

Read Anywhere...Anytime!


Have you ever been stuck somewhere without a book or something to read?  I've had many appointments where I had to wait only to think I wish I would have brought my book with me.  How about when you travel?  I love to spend time on the beach or pool side reading a book.  However it is not always easy to stick a few books in that overcrowded suitcase!  Of course, I would much rather have the book in my hands than on a screen but in the above instances online books are a perfect solution!  You can access hundreds of books anywhere...anytime from your mobile device!  Here are a few of my favorite online sites for children.  

Online book sites offering free access-

This site contains over 80 interactive fables perfect for helping to teach morals. 

Storyline Online offers a wide variety of current fiction read aloud by members of the screen actors guild.  

Subscription based online book sites-

Tumblebooks is a subscription based site our school provides access to for our students.  Please contact me, Mrs. Nath directly for our username and password to access our account.

EPIC is a subscription based site for families to join.  This site offers unlimited access to a wide range of books, videos and quizzes for a low monthly fee.  

The next time you are stuck somewhere without a book-try one of the sites above.  I'm sure you will find something of interest for you and your children!  Happy reading!    




  
  

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for this list of resources! My students are going 1:1 this year and it will be a helpful alternative to when they forget a book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Our teachers love the Tumblebooks subscription. They use it in their daily 5 rotations. I use these sites for students who forget their library book while the other students are selecting their new books. My students love them!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the list! It's a subscription service, and not free, but I love Amazon's Kindle Unlimited, as well. I also love checking digital books out from my local library using the Libby app.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about adding Kindle but I chose not to simply because I was really gearing this list towards the digital books I use with my students. I personally use Amazon's Kindle books and love it! Thanks for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete