Saturday, July 28, 2018

Headed to the Opera!

 You may have noticed my profile photo and wondered why I was so dressed up.  At the end of the school year, I received an invitation to the 1st grade Opera.  Yes...Opera!  Of course, I had to pull out the opera glasses, my long gloves, my best dress and well...the tiara and boa!   
Heading to the 1st grade Opera!
Mr. Stubbe's 1st grade students we eager to share their performance, an opera based on the folktale, The Three Billy Goats Gruff.  I enjoyed hearing those 1st graders belt out songs about the troll and the goats looking for grass to eat!  The charming costumes were created by the characters-paper, glue, and the right color of shirt does wonders!  I was delighted to be invited to such a fabulous production.  Kudos to Mr. Stubbe and his former class.  It's not everyday I get to go to the opera!         

14 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I bet the students were so excited to see you all dressed up for their performance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They sure were! The student greeters at the classroom door were discussing who was going to give me the program! I love doing things like this with our students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like so much fun! My son's class does a program each year, but I never get to go to the opera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you get to attend your son's program! Who knows-maybe they will perform an opera one day!

      Delete
  4. This is adorable! I love the idea and the outfit is great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! I love it when teachers dress up and really get into something. I always try to go all out whenever I can for dress up opportunities. This makes me want to do something like this in my classroom. One year, we wrote and performed a play, but doing an opera or musical would be so much fun! And I will definitely invite everyone to dress up for the performance. Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Avery! I was very impressed with this performance-the classroom teacher is an amazing musician who accompanied the students on piano.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how fun! Sounds like a perfect end of the year activity! I'm working on trying to get more into the spirit of dressing up- or down for activities!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Alyssa! Dressing up is really so simple but so powerful for the students! They talk about it for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you must be one of the most amazing librarians!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that is awesome. Students get so excited when we do the little things...or big things...like dressing up.

    ReplyDelete